CV → download (PDF)
25, Hare Bridge Crescent
Essex CM4 9DR
- 2005 Winner of Visit London Best Website Award/2006 Winner of Visit Britain Award Best Website for www.zsl.org (London Zoo)
- British Interactive Media Association Award for www.discoveryhealth.co.uk
Goldsmith’s College, University of London
Masters of Arts Degree in Radio Journalism
Oct 1993- Nov 1995
Oxford Brookes University
BSc (Hons) Degree in Geography & Cartography
Sept 1990 – July 1993
Present full-time freelance career
Copy writer/Editor/Journalist since July 2003 – Projects include:
- Web editor and news writer for House of Lords on parliament.uk website
- Travel writer for Frommer’s Unlimited (whatsonwhen.com/Wiley) for various clients including Travelsupermarket, Intercontinental Hotels Group, Hilton, hotels.com, Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Ryan Air, Best Western, Southeastern, KLM, Ramada Jarvis, First Great Western (April 06 – present)
- Journalist for Independent Community Pharmacist Magazine (2004 – present)
- Journalist for equine publications – Chiltern and Thames Rider, Just Dressage and British Horse magazines
- Editor for Coutts London Jewellery Week Website www.londonjewelleryweek.co.uk (Nov 08 – July 09)
- Editor for Home and Garden, Food and Drink, Health and Relationships at iVillage.co.uk (Nov 04 – Jul 05, March 07 – Oct 07)
- Front page editor for Yahoo and BT Yahoo! (April 07 – Sept 07)
- Front page editor for BBC Four, BBC Three and BBC One websites (Oct 04 – present)
- Interactive editor/Journalist for Sky Active Interactive TV, BSkyB (Aug 05 – Jan 06)
- Project manager/editor Zoological Society of London website (London Zoo and Whipsnade sites) (Sept 04 – Jul 05)
- Reporter for Olympics web project for Atos Origin Athens 2005 (Jun – Aug 05)
- Corporate editorial and copy writing projects include Linklaters website, UBS website, DaimlerChrysler intranet, Mazars accountancy website, The Hague University magazine and NESTA literature and website
Employment history before July 2003
Web and Interactive TV – Senior Producer/Editor
- Project manager responsible for international output of all interactive TV, enhanced TV and online. Launched Discovery Channel website in Asia, People and Arts Channel website in Latin America and new global Animal Planet Channel website. Maternity cover.
(April 2003-July 2003)
Interactive TV and Website Editor/Producer
Discovery Home and Health Channel, Discovery Networks
- Editor-in-chief responsible for management of Discovery Health Channel’s website, www.discoverychannel.co.uk/homeandhealth. (March 2001- March 2003)
Health and Travel Channel, Tiscali
- Editor and manager of two channels for Internet Service Provider. Researching, interviewing and writing original copy and special features, commissioning writers, sub-editing.
(Aug 2000- Feb 2001)
BBC Southern Counties Radio, Guildford
- Social affairs producer. Created social affairs unit and produced, wrote and presented hourly bulletins on air. Running on air campaigns and preparing programme material. Launched the station’s Social Affairs Unit.
(Sep 1998- Aug 2000)
FREELANCE JOURNALIST IN SINGAPORE: 1997 – 1998
Asiaweek Magazine, Times publishing
- Cover as Singapore correspondent for Asiaweek, filing weekly reports.
(May 1998- July 98)
FHM Magazine, EMAP South East Asia
- Compiling and commissioning monthly health section. Research and writing.
(Jan 1998- July 98)
BBC Radio 5 Live, London
- Reporter for Up All Night and Dallyn Worldwide programmes, filing news in voice reports and two-way interviews to a UK audience.
Jan 1997- July 98)
Head of Year One Radio and Lecturer in Broadcast Journalism
Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore
- Managing first year radio element of Diploma course, teaching radio production, press law.
(Dec 1996-July 98)